Sunday 9 May 2010

NOTES TO SELF


Texts and emails are all well and good, but nothing will ever replace a handwritten note. Call me old fashioned (or oh so retro) but I still make it my mission to thank, congratulate or commiserate with my pals via snail mail. My obsession with stationery (and compulsion for cool fonts) helps facilitate this and I'll happily while away a few hours at Kate's Paperie in New York or perusing the letterpress on Etsy. I'm also a big fan of Smythson in London. Last year I snapped up their fashion notes, with sketches by Giles Deacon, with bold tissue lined envelopes, this year I have been scribbling my sweet nothings on their Love, Peace & Hope cards. While getting a sneak peek at their upcoming Autumn/Winter range the other week, I also spied these gorgeous Alice in Wonderland cards, which I'm now trying to conjure up a good enough reason to buy. I wonder if the Mad Hatter can help me think of one?

No comments:

Post a Comment