Wednesday 19 May 2010

BLING IT ON


I'm not much of a magpie. Sparkly, glitzy, gaudy gems are all very fun, but I'm much more of the Coco Chanel "take one thing off before you leave the house" philosophy. In fact, as I write I am completely spangle-free. Some of my gem-fear stems from the fact that my part-Jayne Mansfield, part-Miss Piggy blond locks and generous décolletage don't need any more adornments. The rest of it is that I'm simply not drawn to big showy pieces. This chain and glass necklace is making me rethink though. It's from J.Crew, which is finally available to us Brits on Net-A-Porter, and it's a nice combination of being statementy and chunky but quite simple too. I'd wear it with a Breton top (what else?) because I definitely think it needs dressing down, but I wouldn't be opposed to pairing it with a simple bandeau top, to show off a swathe of shoulder blade too.

No comments:

Post a Comment