Sunday 9 May 2010

COME ON...



Even before I started working in magazines, ten years ago, I adored them. Don't get me wrong, I can become completely, gloriously lost in a brilliant book, but for an instant happiness fix, nothing does the job like a pristine, yet-to-be-opened glossy mag. The promise of only-in-my-dreams couture and buy-it-tomorrow high-street pieces, plus a few good reads and a ton of pretty pictures is all I need to put a smile on my face. As much as I like to create this fantasy world as a glossy journalist, I love living in it too. British Vogue has always been my favourite (I'm allowed to say that as it's a Conde Naster too). I'm completely digging the swathes of light and sun drenched, summery hues of the new June cover, so I thought I'd share it - along with my all-time favourite cover of Kate Moss from 2005, making a pencil skirt, beehive and sweeps of liquid eyeliner look completely modern. I can't tell you the number of times I've tried to recreate this look...

No comments:

Post a Comment