Wednesday 5 May 2010

ETERNALLY ERDEM






Every now and again a fashion designer creates a collection that turns me into an obsessive compulsive - bookmarking their page on style.com, trawling ebay for any mistaken purchases at ridiculously rock bottom prices, scrawling the Harvey Nics sale into my diary hopefully. The first time this happened was Marc Jacobs S/S 2003 collection - those sugared almond pencil skirts and 60s slinky shifts still make me misty eyed. But this season it happened all over again with Brit boy of the moment Erdem. His S/S array of floral print dresses is the perfect blend of retro shapes (nipped-in waists, stiff tulip skirts, cap sleeves) and modern techniques (love the laser-cut lace), girlie floral shades layered with grown-up black lace.
I wish I owned every single dress from this collection (the fashion team at GLAMOUR are already drooling over the A/W offerings, but I'm not ready to be swayed yet). I'd wear them to a chic garden party, a summer wedding, or just to the supermarket. I'm serious. Love. Love. Love.

(Pic: Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment