Thursday 8 July 2010

HAPPILY EVER AFTER!


On our drive down to the Provence we stopped at Lyon. We stayed at the elegant Cour Des Loges, a converted 14th Century apartment block littered with winding stone staircases and grand courtyards. We dined on steak, sea bass and mash drizzled with olive oil. We drank great wine.
After dinner we walked hand in hand through the elegant city, stopping to snap our own photo and smooch on the bridges arched across the two rivers. It was warm, we were sleepy and it was a perfect night.
Near midnight, just as bed was calling me, my beau suggested we hike to the top of a hill to get a better view of all those twinkling lights. I sighed dramatically and whilst muttering annoyances to myself, let him drag me to the top (I told him I was exhausted and only humoring him out of love!). He was right to take me up there - the panorama across old rooftops and the sparkling street lights reflected in the glassy rivers was quite breathtaking.


Then, in the midst of all that prettiness, he asked me to marry him.


I was so shocked and delighted and overwhelmed. I had no clue! Of course I said yes. He gave me the most exquisite antique Edwardian diamond ring, then we found a tiny bar and toasted our future with champagne.

Happy, happy days!

3 comments:

  1. congratulations!!! oh my goodness how wonderful! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!

    How romantic... and you know what the first thing to be adding to your wedding gift list... an ice cream maker of course!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard and told this story several times now, and it still brings a tear to my eye! Could not be happier!!

    The Brother-in-law-to-be

    xxx

    ReplyDelete