Tuesday 13 July 2010

WELL I NEVER...


I love Gwyneth Paltrow. I think she’s a girl’s girl. Too lithe, aloof and perfect to make men howl with lust. But all that ice maideness is endlessly riveting to me. My interest was piqued even more when a pal recently hung out with her (apparently she was gorgeous, down to earth, in amazing shape and a very nice, normal mum). I was also consumed by US Vogue’s recent cover story – a piece about Gwyneth’s new cook book. The journalist spent a few afternoons with the actress cooking in her pristine kitchens in London and New York. Apparently she always makes her stock from scratch and has a pizza oven in her back garden. It makes her even more fascinating now that I know she’s an expert in the kitchen (her cookbook My Father’s Daughter is apparently nostalgic and delicious – not a juiced kale recipe in sight!). It doesn’t seem to tally with the gluten-free, former macro-biotic gym bunny that we know her to be (although the article admits she still works out for two hours a day – two hours!!), but I guess I like her even more for that.

1 comment: