Wednesday 23 June 2010

LIVING WITH PAUL



As you know I spend a lot of time wistfully imagining I am richer than my pay cheque allows and today is no exception. This is another of my secret locations, where I go for inspiration and ‘maybe one day…” window shopping. It’s Paul Smith’s vintage furniture store on 9 Albermarle St in Mayfair. It’s a cornucopia of beautiful things, from mid-century Italian lighting (like the hip Arredoluce standard lamps with multicoloured shades) to elegant rosewood dining chairs recovered in Paul Smith floral fabric or signature stripes to quirky objet d’art like porcelain cats and fanciful paintings. Of course it’s all wildly out of my price range, but an hour of perusing sends me straight to ebay in the hope I’ll find something identical for a fraction of the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment