Tuesday 22 June 2010

BOOK WORM



Okay, I’m a writer, so it’s no surprise that I have a bit of a book obsession, but when I stumbled on Persephone Books a few years ago, I became borderline maniacal about the sheer gorgeousness of their tomes.
Why? Let me explain:

1. They reprint neglected classics from the 20th Century, mostly by female authors.

2. The collection includes novels, short stories, diaries and cookery books – perfect present material.

3. The choices are neither chick lit, nor too mind-numbingly high-brow, they’re usually sweet, thought-provoking and timeless.

4. Every book has a simple, elegant dove-grey jacket (classy on the book shelf), but inside comes alive with a beautiful vintage fabric print, each carefully chosen to reflect the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment