Tuesday 21 September 2010

WHAT TO WEAR?


Last week my uber chic pal Kit texted me to say she was already digging dressing for A/W 10. "Loving khaki/camel or navy trousers with a smart or check shirt and tailored jacket. Love that you can get ankle boots out again and that it's not all about jeans..." she wrote happily. I share her enthusiasm. Sort of.
As I write I'm wearing a pair of navy high waisted trousers, a marl grey tee and a caramel cashmere cardigan, finished with grey patent Mary Janes with towering heels. It's quite nice to layer - just a little. But what worries me is that currently the air has only got the
merest hint crisper. What happens when just a cardi isn't enough and we're piling woollen layers until we resemble Michelin men? What happens when we've been rocking this trouser/blouse/blazer combo every day for six months and are beyond bored? Already I feel like I'm recycling the same few new pieces and although I love them, I wonder how long it will be before they feel like fickle friends who I'm ready to ditch.
What will see
you through this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment