Tuesday 21 September 2010

KITCHEN SLUT


In my mind there are different levels of sluttiness in the kitchen (no, I'm not talking about screwing on the work tops). I love an easy life, but I am still a domestic goddess with a culinary moral code, so buying a pudding for a dinner party? Definitely a slut step too far.
If I can be bothered to have people over, I am certainly going to make the effort to actually throw my own dessert together instead of opening a packet. That said, I am all for cutting corners: buy some langue du chat to serve with your homemade mousse, crush a deli meringue into your Eton mess or stir a jar of fancy lemon cured into your speedy syllabub and I'll applaud you.

I am definitely not above recycling though. We have friends coming for dinner tonight
and others on Thursday. So yesterday I made a pudding to do double duty. Jamie Oliver's baked cheesecake, which I'll serve both days, with a cherry compote made with cherries from my Uncle's French cherry tree - livened up with a glug of port. Now we just have to practice our surprised faces when we see it again in two days time!

No comments:

Post a Comment