Thursday 13 January 2011

SHEER GENIUS


I have managed to avoid sale shopping quite superbly. Okay, I did treat myself to a navy lace pencil skirt, but beyond that I've been remarkably reserved. Everytime I go to hand over my credit card (for a Sandro sweatshirt with leather elbow patches, or the Brora cashmere cardigan), I remind myself of my trip to New York next month to buy five bridesmaid dresses, or the one to Berlin the month after for my hen do and I realise a girl need to know when to conserve her readies. So yes, I've been good. But I faltered a little yesterday and succumbed to this Sleeveless Lawn Button-Up from American Apparel in white. It will work perfectly under a sweater now, or worn with a fine knit cardi and the billowy bow-tie from my Sandro shirt, and will be just as charming come summer with a pair of shorts. It has a bit of a Betty Draper feel to me, but the sheerness makes it va-va voomy too. A purchase well made? Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment